Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

So this is my first post, this blog is all about my own personal reflections, ideas, concerns, and thoughts as I prepare a research project to study in Tonga. This first week of class we have been discussing what we think 'culture' means. I heard many good definitions by other students, but to me culture is what an individual identifies with in a society. What we are comfortable with and what makes us who we are. Culture isn't something set in stone, it's always progressing and changing to the needs and desires of its people. Culture doesn't limit us, it allows us to branch out and learn.
  I am excited to go to Tonga this summer and learn all about their respective culture. I will be conducting a research project in the area of gerontology.

No comments:

Post a Comment